Friday, November 26, 2010

Down in the Dungeon

Over at Grognardia, James Maliszewski authored a post about an art book from 1981 called "Down in the Dungeon."  I have zero memories of it, but I love what has been said about it.  I feel almost as if I know it, can almost feel the pages beneath my fingers, and smell that musty smell that old books found in used bookstores so often possess.

Well, I googled it, trying to figure out if there were a way to purchase it through Amazon, perhaps, or eBay.  And I found an interesting item online:

The Monster Brains blog has posted 34 images from the book.  They're interesting renderings, if a bit dated.  The art in Down in the Dungeon is, on the whole, about as good as the cover of the first edition AD&D Monster Manual.

For those of you who have seen the book, enjoy the trip down memory lane.  For those of you who own the book, well, this post does you little good, and I apologize.  For those of you who have never seen the book, hearken back to a time when gaming was still young, and fertile imaginations ran wild.  Enjoy!   

No comments:

Post a Comment